Cleaning your home’s air duct system is essential for maintaining excellent indoor air quality and keeping your HVAC system functioning at peak performance.
But when it comes to choosing the right air duct cleaning company to hire, it can be a difficult choice to make.
In today’s post, Air Duct will cover the top questions to ask your duct cleaning company and the most important traits to look for when selecting a top-notch air duct cleaning service.
The best questions you can ask your duct cleaning company:
- Are you NADCA certified?
- How long have you been in business?
- Can you provide me with some testimonials or references from previous clients?
- What is the estimated cost of the service? (Get a written estimate to avoid a surprise in the final bill)
- How long will the cleaning process take?
- Will my entire HVAC system be cleaned or just the ductwork?
- Are there additional fees that aren’t included in the quoted price?
- Will you provide before/after photos of the work?
- Are your technicians insured and bonded?
- Do you offer additional services, like whole-home sanitization or duct deodorization?
Questions like these can add clarity and peace of mind when hiring a duct cleaning contractor near you.
Considerations Before You Hire an Air Duct Cleaner
You’ll need to tell them:
- The number of rooms in your home
- The square footage
- The number of registers
Ask them whether or not dryer vent cleaning is offered simultaneously or separately.
Certifications, References & Customer Testimonials
Verify whether or not they’re NADCA certified. Many duct cleaning contractors claim to be but aren’t in the registry. To check, search for service providers in your zip code, type in the company’s name, and look them up.
You can read online customer reviews to judge the quality of service. Google Reviews are a great place to start! Since technicians will be in your home, ensure they’re clean and trustworthy.
Confirm the Quoted Price
Numerous air duct cleaning scams exist — the infamous bait-and-switch or the blow-n-go tactics to deceive customers and offer subpar work. Get a written amount of the final price you’ll pay and verify with the company once the time comes for actual work to be paid up.
Get Proof of Insurance
If your company doesn’t have insurance, you could pay out-of-pocket costs for any damages to your property. That could be thousands of dollars!
Here are a few factors to take into consideration if you’re dealing with a company that could be uninsured:
- Property damage (the number one factor to watch for)
- Commercial or personal harm
- Medical expenses
- Physical harm
- Legal fees
Ask About their Equipment
Any reliable duct cleaning service worth its salt will have advanced dryer vent and air duct cleaning equipment, from air whips and brushes to powerful truck-mounted vacuum cleaners.
Be warned: shoddy equipment can lead to damaged ducts or a less-than-perfect result. It’s essential to check the quality and see if it aligns with the top tools on the market.
At Air Duct, we use a high-tech, powerful vacuum truck with a 195hp motor to thoroughly clean your entire duct system.
Request Before/After Photos
Ensure the work is done by having your duct cleaning company provide you with before/after photos of the duct system.
On every work service, our technicians at Air Duct offer before and after photos as proof we’ve completed the work successfully.