Dryer vents are an essential part of our lives, so the best dryer vent cleaning service is also essential for clean air in home. Washing is one activity that is common in every household, and it is the reason because of which we must take care of dryer vents as we take care of our car.
It’s not only the importance of washing that leads to regular cleaning of vents, but several other factors become one of the leading reasons for vent cleaning. One of the biggest reasons for this is the chances of a fire in houses. Several facts state that vent clogging is one of the biggest reasons for fires in the US. If you are looking for the best dryer vent cleaning service in Cumming , Alpharetta, Suwanee, Norcross, Roswell, Smyrna, Marietta, Duluth, and Gainesville Buford, Dunwoody, Dacula, and Atlanta (Georgia), then look no further because The Air Ducts is here at your service. Just give us a call, and we will visit to get the issues resolved immediately.
If you ever notice that your clothes are not drying correctly or the dryer is not performing before, there is certainly something wrong. If it’s been a while since you have got dryer cleaning, it is time for regular maintenance. Moreover, if you regularly clean the vent yourself, you can have a longer gap between hiring cleaning professionals. However, you cannot wholly ignore professional cleaning because it is crucial for your dryer.
Before you start cleaning the dryer yourself, go through the manual first because there might be a few things that you should keep in mind.
The Big Difference
Before you start cleaning, you must be aware of the vent and lint screen, and lint trap. Here is the detail that you should know every time you opt for cleaning.
- You can find the lint screen and the trap on the top of the indoor dryer vent. For a few machines, you can find them inside the door.
- The vent connects at the back of the dryer machine. It would help if you cleaned the dryer lint after each load.
If you wish to clean the screen, lift, and wipe the lint with a finger, ignore the debris in this situation. You can use a vacuum cleaner or a long brush to get rid of the lint.
Experts recommend cleaning the dryer every 6-12 months; however, the cleaning situation varies from house to house because every home has different cleaning patterns. If you are using the dryer twice a week, it will require you to clean every 3-4 months, while if you are using it once a month, you can take this cleaning cycle to the ideal 6-12 months.
- Your dryer is hot to touch after a regular cycle
- There is a musty or unusual smell when you open the dryer door.
- Accumulation of lint on screen or in the lint trap despite you have been cleaning the dryer regularly.
Method to Clean Dryer Yourself
Here is a quick summary of how you can clean your dryers all by yourself
- Unplug the dryer from the socket. If you have a gas dryer, it is vital to turn off the gas supply before you go for unplugging. You may take online help online or call a professional if you are not aware of the process
- Take out the dryer and get rid of the vent clamp. Take out the dryer far enough so that you can have access to the vent. Now unscrew the clamp that holds the vent to the wall opening. Inspect the flue once it is open; if it needs repairs, call The Air Ducts for help.
- If there is clogging in the vent, use a vacuum cleaner to suck up the dust and lint and clean the pathway. It is essential to be very careful with this task and be gentle on the vents because they are very delicate; a little harm can lead to more significant damage. If you are not comfortable, call a certified professional from The Air Ducts .
- Now go to the exterior vent and inspect the opening. If a flap is covering it, remove it and raise it so that you can check it. Use gloves to remove any debris that you can reach with your hands. If you have a cleaning kit, you can use any suitable brush to clean the clogging.
Here Are Some More Options:
- While inspection, if you find anything acting as a hurdle, remove it delicately with any suitable equipment. However, do not try to be harsh with the vent because such things are delicate, and a little damage can lead to more significant problems.
- Now you are done with cleaning, and it is time for you to reattach the dryer back. Follow the steps that you did to detach the dryer.
- Turn on the power after attaching everything back. Let it work for a few minutes and check the performance. While it is running, visit the exterior vent to check if the debris appears. If it does, then it means it requires more cleaning; otherwise, you have done an excellent job.
How to Maintain the Dryer
If you remain careful, you can easily maintain the dryer and minimize the amount of lint collected inside the dryer. Here are a few tips that you can follow to ensure that you can hold it well between cleaning cycles.
- When you wash pet bedding or lint-prone fabrics, try it to avoid taking it through a dryer cycle.
- Never overload the dryer and try to keep the washing machine clean.
- If you feel that your dryer is not performing, efficiently try calling a professional for inspection to know about its condition and the reason behind its inefficient performance.